Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Powerful Words


A few days ago I received a really super-over-the-top-encouraging greeting card from my hubby. Everything was going right in my life, so it wasn’t a card that I “needed” to pick me up or help me get through a tough time…and that made it much more meaningful to me. It’s like getting flowers “just because” vs. getting flowers on Valentine’s Day. It was totally unexpected, out of the blue, and very heart-warming.

I have since read his written words over and over again…and each time I read them or reflect on them I feel the same gush of love, encouragement, confidence, and pride. I don’t tell you this to gloat or so that you’ll think more highly of my man. I tell you this to remind you how powerful our words are, both written and spoken. The after affects of his kind and loving words lifted my spirits, put a bounce in my walk, and made me feel like a Rock Star!

Our words can easily build someone up or tear someone down. Keeping in mind how powerful words are and how they can affect someone’s whole mood, day, week, and even life…it only seems right to choose our words wisely. Whether I am speaking to my kids, the grumpy waitress who is having a bad day or the President of The United States…I will choose and use words so that people who interact with me will leave feeling better because of it.

Try it…you’ll make someone feel great, and you’ll feel great also!

No comments:

Post a Comment